Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Myspace Blog Archive #6

February 15, 2008 - Love N' Kisses

Yesterday was Valentine's Day and it reminded me of being a little girl and filling out Valentine cards for everyone in my class with the help of my Grandma. I remember one year, I wrote a mean poem to all the boys, proving I was just as much as a bitch then as I am now ;)  This year for Valentine's Day, my aunt bought me a little high heel shoe made out of chocolate. I love chocolate and I enjoy shoes, so it was a perfect gift for me. Even so, she didn't need to buy me a chocolate shoe to tell me she loves me. I already knew.
I often wonder if this Valentine's Day crap is really necessary. There are plenty of people that get very sad and depressed if they don't have a "Valentine". I'm not one of those people because I'm a very picky fat girl with a high self- worth and I  feel that no Saginaw man is good enough for me. I'm pretty sure that the feeling is mutual so we're good.  However, I can't ignore the unfortunate people that were taught that life isn't worth living if you don't have a significant other and that you're less of a person if you're not part of a couple. Must lovers rub it in the faces of these pathetic people by celebrating Valentine's Day? When you're in love, isn't everyday Valentine's Day, but without the overpriced flowers, cards and candy and the far too busy restaurants? Just something to think about, I guess.
And speaking of restaurants, I'm sure glad I didn't have to work last night. If you're going to subscribe to all of this Valentine's day bullshit, don't take your girlfriend or wife to Denny's, you cheap fuck.

And now for my all time favorite Valentine's Day quote:
"And as for Valentine's Day, I prefer to celebrate I'm Not A Fucking Idiot Day. It happens a week after Valentines Day when all of the candy is on sale and all of the flowers have gone back to regular price." - T-shirt hell newsletter, February 2004.

UPDATE: I still think the only holiday more stupid than Valentine's Day is Sweetest Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment