Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Myspace Blog Archive #2

July 29, 2006 - So I'm Glad I Scrambled to Finish that Teaching Degree...

Basically, I haven't found a teaching job yet, and it's getting dangerously close to fall. Three years ago, I was merely a waitress who was in college. Two years ago, I was a waitress with a B.A., going back to earn her Teaching Certificate. Now I'M A FUCKING WAITRESS WITH A TEACHING DEGREE (going back in the fall to start her Master's). My new waitressing job is much better than my old one, don't get me wrong. However, I have a feeling that by the end of the summer if I have to look at another piece of chicken again, I'm going to kill someone. And though I do love teaching, I do NOT love substitute teaching, which I will have to start doing again this Fall. Let's all keep our fingers crossed and hope that my next blog will say: "I got a teaching job" :)

UPDATE: My next blog did not say "I got a teaching job." The part-time teaching job didn't happen until 2008, and the full-time teaching job didn't happen until 2009. The full-time job was not salaried, nor did it have sweet benefits, so I worked both the full and part-time job until June of 2011, when I quit them both to move to New York City, where I will probably be waitressing for awhile until I find a teaching job there.

No comments:

Post a Comment